No prior orchestra experience is needed. Ownership or rental of an instrument is required. Musical literature and method books will be provided by the school.
- The student will develop a working knowledge of the proper position and technique necessary in playing a musical instrument.
- The student will develop the ability to play a string instrument from notation at the grade I/II level as described by the Virginia Band and Orchestra Directors’ Association (VBODA).
- The student will experience the performance of musical literature at the grade I/II level as described by the VBODA.
- The student will demonstrate a practical understanding through performance of expressive musical concepts.
- The student will be able to discriminate between various expressive levels of musical performance.